Did you know…
- Overheating is one of the most common causes of mechanical breakdowns on the road?
- Overheating can cause severe damage to the engine and the transmission?
Maintaining your cooling system is important to keeping you on the road. Coolant protects your engine from both overheating & from freezing.The coolant’s performance can decline over time and lose most of its protective qualities. The cooling system can get plugged with built-up deposits from scale, hose decomposition and other materials. Most people know it’s strongly recommended that a car or truck’s oil should be changed at regular intervals. People, for the most part don’t realize, the appropriate intervals for changing their car or truck’s other vital fluids. For the cooling system, you can check your car’s owner manual to see the suggested period for changing the coolant in your car or truck but you’ll want to come to D & J Autoservice – Festus, Mo if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Your vehicle has recently overheated
- Your temperature light comes on
- Your temperature gauge shows higher or lower than normal
- Your heater does not work