Your car battery is one of the most critical parts for your vehicle to run. A car battery provides significant amounts of electrical current for the starter, engine as well as the other electronic accessories in the vehicle. The car battery also gets recharged by the alternator and stores that energy.
Car battery check-ups are a necessity for your vehicle. The car’s health is dependent on them, and at D & J Auto Service, we are able to perform a complete evaluation of your automotive battery and electrical system. Regular check-ups for your car or truck will make sure it will be around for a long time.
For more than 60 years, Interstate Batteries has developed a reputation for dependability, performance and innovation. Each year Interstate sells over 15 million car batteries across the U.S.
Auto Batteries and Winter Facts
- During winter season a large number of car or truck batteries are likely to die.
- Hot summers lead to battery corrosion and battery fluid evaporation, setting up a dead battery for the winter.
- As the temperatures drop, a battery’s Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) capacity also drops.
- Older car batteries have a difficult time holding current when it’s colder.
- Seasonal temperatures can damage the cells in your battery, this also leads to battery failure in the winter.
- Preventive car battery servicing can save you from being stuck in the winter.